PAPUADAILY –Yalimo’s access to Papua has not yet been opened. A group of people blocked a number of roads leading to Yalimo Regency to Papua. They cut down trees to close the access.
The Papuan Regional Police Chief, Inspector General of Police Mathius Fakhiri, confirmed that there were bars that had not been opened, particularly access to Yalimo-Papua. Meanwhile, the trans Yalimo-Wamena road can be passed by vehicles.
“It is true that there are reports that along the Yalimo-Jayapura road there are trees that have been deliberately spread out, so they cannot be passed,” said Inspector General Pol Fakhiri in Jayapura City, Saturday (3/7/2021).
Even so, he said, the situation in Elelim City was relatively conducive. However, joint officers remained on guard to anticipate further anarchistic actions.
He said he would visit Yalimo with the Pangdam XVII Cenderawasih to meet the people in Elelim directly. So that they know the current condition of the local community.
Previously, the masses destroyed and burned various public facilities after the decision of the Constitutional Court (MK) which disqualified the Erdi Dabi-Jhon Wilil pair.
For information, the Yalimo Regency election was followed by two pairs of candidates for regent and deputy regent, namely the Erdi Dabi-Jhon Wilil candidate pair and the Lakius Peyon-Nahum Mabel candidate.
The Erdi Dabi-Jhon Wilil pair got the most votes and was declared the winner. However, the couple was sued because the candidate for regent had been a prisoner. And finally disqualified. This made the mass of supporters furious.